‘Trying To Stay Sane While Raising Your Teen’ by C. Lynn Williams

February 2, 2011 at 9:38 pm 9 comments

Parenting teens includes many challenges as well as joys. A focus should be on the positive side of parenting teens. This focus will help the parent to feel more competent and actually be able to enjoy their teen and the ups and downs they face. Sometimes parents tend to over emphasize the negatives and annoyances of parenting their teens. This book will help you get along with your children as you guide them in the godly path for living.

Entry filed under: Books. Tags: , , , .

What’s your parenting style?

9 Comments Add your own

• 1. Vicky Michelle Wooten  |  February 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm

As a high school teacher, I certainly agree with the importance of focusing on the positive of teenagers. It is a challenge but it is a must if we are to “Stay Sane.” Also, knowing what is going on physiologically during adolescence helps adults understand that they are just going through a phase in development and they will outgrow many of these antics. Neuroscientists tell us that their decision making capacity is not fully developed until about age 24. Thus, “adolescence” means they have “less sense than adults.”

• 2. clwilliams27  |  February 3, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Vicky, you are absolutely correct. But in the heat of the moment, say an argument with a teen, isn’t it easy to forget that they do have less sense?

• 3. Stan Peters  |  February 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I enjoyed your book because it contained what many how-to books avoid: the values that are the groundwork that parents and children need to have before they ever consider parenting. I liked the faith-based foundation which you built on throughout your writing. I also love working with the product of your love and parenting, Candace. The proof is in the pudding.
    This is also why we are inviting you to speak to parents in our area.

• 4. clwilliams27  |  March 7, 2011 at 4:26 am

I appreciate your comment. I was apprehensive about injecting my faith-filled thoughts and beliefs. However, the more I reflected on the journey of parenting, it’s impossible to successfully travel this road without God’s help. Plain and simple!

Can’t wait to meet you in May!

• 5. clwilliams27  |  March 14, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Upcoming book signing

Saturday, March 19, 2011
    1:00 – 3:00 pm
    Trinity United Church of Christ
    400 W. 95th Street
    Chicago, IL 60628

• 6. clwilliams27  |  March 14, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Mother’s Day is May 8th!

What a perfect gift this book would be! In fact buy several copies and share them with friends.

Buy it on Amazon.com: http://tiny.cc/pq827

• 7. clwilliams27  |  May 5, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I had a great time talking with parents at the Magic House in St. Louis. One parent wanted to know what to say when a child tells you s/he is not loved. What would you say?

• 8. Z Hunt  |  June 21, 2011 at 2:19 pm

This little book is packed with practical easy to understand tips and strategies to help make parenting easier. I especially liked what Cheryl shared concerning how she handled a child that repeatedly and persistently keeps asking for something that you have determined is off limits. I also like the parental time out concept. We have 4 adult children and I know from experience that this book is a wonderful service to families.

• 9. Z Hunt  |  June 21, 2011 at 2:22 pm

This little book is packed with practical, easy to understand tips and strategies to help make parenting easier. I especially liked what Cheryl shared concerning how she handled a child that repeatedly and persistently keeps asking for something that you have determined is off limits. I also like the parental time out concept. We have 4 adult children and I know from experience that this book is a wonderful service to families.